The Centre for Multilingualism in Society Across the Lifespan (MultiLing) has advertised PhD and PostDoctoral fellowships in conjunction with 3 research projects at the centre. Closing date: 1 September 2016
Lecturer in Social Psychology
School of Social, Political and Geographical Sciences
Closes: 14th September 2015
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Social Psychology group in the interdisciplinary Department of Social Sciences at Loughborough University. The Department of Social Sciences is internationally renowned for its excellence in research, teaching and enterprise, and is consistently ranked in research assessments as one of the best social sciences departments in the UK. At the last REF, the Social Psychology group formed an important part of the department's highly successful submission in the area of Communication, Cultural and Media Studies: no other institution recorded as many world-leading publications in this area as Loughborough. The members of the Social Psychology group have long felt the benefit of being in a long established, intellectually vibrant inter-disciplinary department.
The Social Psychology group are looking for outstanding candidates to apply for a permanent lectureship commencing 4th January 2016. The successful candidate will contribute to the delivery and development of our BPS-accredited BSc degree programmes (Social Psychology, and Psychology with Criminology).
Candidates are expected to have a completed PhD in psychology, an active research profile, the clear potential to contribute to the Department's research culture, and a strong commitment to high quality teaching in an HE environment. We invite applications from candidates with research and teaching interests in one or more of the following: social psychology; language, discourse and communication; and research methods.
Convocatoria de cargos de docentes para las áreas de Lingüística y de Enseñanza de inglés
Universidad de Pamplona (Colombia)
Plazo límite para enviar candidaturas: 30 de junio de 2015
The Centre for Research on Language Policy and Practice at the Faculty of Education in The University of Hong Kong (HKU) will be soon advertising one full-time postdoctoral position (of 2 years) and two part-time Senior Research Assistant Posts (of 15 months each) to work on a new research project on Migration, Social Class and Language Education in Hong Kong, funded by the Standing Committee on Language Education and Research (SCOLAR, Hong Kong Education Bureau).
The project is titled "Migration, Social Class and Language Education in Hong Kong: The Case of Mainland Cross-border and South Asian Youth", and is led by Dr. Miguel Pérez-Milans (Division of English Language Education, Faculty of Education, HKU). The project’s steering group also includes colleagues from HKU (Dr. Xuesong Gao, Dr. Katherine Hoi Ying Chen, Dr. Rizwan Ullah, Mr. Thapa Chura Bahadur), Hong Kong Institute of Education (Dr. Yuen Yuet Mui Celeste) and King's College London (Prof. Ben Rampton).
The project's goals are as follows:
- To describe the linguistic practices of South Asian and newly-arrived and cross-border students from Mainland China in the context of their trajectories across different social domains, communicative genres and settings inside and outside the schools in Hong Kong.
- To analyze the identities that are constructed for and by these students, and how, in the course of these trajectories.
- To examine whether these practices, identities and trajectories are shaped by wider linguistic, social and/or cultural ideologies that impact on these students’ socio-economic position.
- To identify possible mismatches (if any) between language-in-education demands on these students and the type of practices and linguistic repertoires available to them outside the schools.
- To design a resource package for educators and policy makers with guidelines and examples of activities on trans-lingual, trans-cultural and trans-literacy pedagogies in the Hong Kong context.
PDF: up to HK$41,414/month (MPF included)
SRAs: HK$15,036/month each (MPF included) [20hours/week].
There are 3 posts currently being advertised at Nottingham in the fields of sociolinguistics and professional communication to work on a new research-based business unit that the University is funding. There are the following roles available:
- Assistant Professor: http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/jobs/currentvacancies/ref/ARTS142715
- Post-Doctoral Research Fellow: http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/jobs/currentvacancies/ref/ARTS145815
- Teaching Associate: http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/jobs/currentvacancies/ref/ARTS131815
Contratação de Dois/Duas Investigadores/as Doutorados/as em Ciências Sociais e Humanidades
Prazo limite de candidaturas: 31 de maio de 2015
Descrição do Concurso:
O Centro de Estudos Sociais (CES) da Universidade de Coimbra, Laboratório Associado (LA) por contrato assinado com a Fundação para a Ciência e a Tecnologia a 27 de Fevereiro de 2002, abre concurso, nos termos do referido contrato, para dois lugares de investigador/a doutorado/a em regime de dedicação exclusiva.
Um lugar na área das Ciências Sociais e um lugar na área de Humanidades.