The Institute of Applied Linguistics, University of Warsaw (Poland) announces vacancy in the position of Professor of Spanish Studies. Applications for Full or Associate Professorship are invited.
Deadline: 31st December 2013
- Spanish linguistics, especially pragmatics, (multimodal) discourse analysis, (specialist) genre analysis, (critical) discourse studies, sociolinguistics;
- Language, culture, society (Spanish in Europe and/or in Latin America) (domains: media / political / legal / business / educational);
- Translation theory and practice (specialist or literary);
- Supervision of BA, MA and PhD students.
Applicants are expected to have an established reputation for both empirical and theoretical work in the areas of Spanish linguistics and empirically-focused text and discourse studies. Candidates should have the ability to interface with other fields of interest in the department, and especially with translation and cross-cultural communication research and teaching.
Specifically, the requirements include: habilitation (venia docendi) or equivalent international qualification in the field of Spanish studies; PhD; post-doctoral experience at a university or other academic institution; good research and publication record; a good sense for team work; experience in university teaching; willingness and ability to teach at various curricular levels, to supervise theses, and to further the work of junior academics; knowledge of good English is required; some knowledge of Polish would be an advantage.
Candidates should send an application containing the following documents:
- Academic curriculum vitae;
- Brief description of current research interests and research plans for the immediate future;
- List of publications;
- short survey of previous academic teaching